System administrators can prevent Agents from changing their Active Groups. This feature is useful for companies that require Agents to check in with their Managers before ending their shift or otherwise going inactive. By preventing Agents from marking themselves as inactive in a Group, the Manager of that Group, or the Manager of the entire Department, has greater control over which Agents are actively working on tickets, live chats or taking calls using SmarterTrack Communicator.
For more information, see the relevant knowledge base article on Active Groups Versus Inactive Groups.
Follow these steps to prevent Agents from changing their Active Groups:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon.
- From the dropdown menu, click the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click Roles. A list of available roles will load in the content pane.
- Select the Agent role and click the Edit button.
- Make sure the Options tab is selected.
- Find the Distribution permission, and from the dropdown select Custom. This highlights the Distribution tab.
- Click the Distribution tab.
- Uncheck the Manage Agent Status checkbox. (If it's checked.)
- Click Save.
Removing an Agent's ability to manage their status means that they will no longer be able to mark themself as Active or Inactive for any Group(s) they're assigned to. This means that a Manager has to go in and mark them instead, ensuring that the Manager knows exactly who is Active and who is not in the Groups they're responsible for.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.