When composing a new message, SM should work like other email programs and use Contacts for auto-complete instead of a completely separate list.
Having a separate auto-complete list introduces numerous problems. Since it builds the list from your Sent Items, there are hundreds of useless entries:
- many are typos or 1-time recipents, never to be used again
- many are outdated as people change email addresses over the years
- many are duplicated -- if they are already in Contacts, it adds them again???
And the auto-complete list (if you can find it) is difficult to clean up:
- it's buried under Settings->Advanced Settings. Users would expect to find it in Contacts.
- don't try to sort by Email Address or Display Name in ascending order because it only works when it's in descending order. This is a bug.
- you can select Contacts and GAL rows, but you can't delete them. Why even show them?
In summary, don't bother changing/fixing any of the above items. Just remove this separate Auto-Complete list and use Contacts instead. There is no need for a separate auto-complete list. If a user wants addresses to show up in auto-complete, they can add them to Contacts -- simple.