CardDAV and CalDAV are extensions of the WebDAV protocol and can be used to sync your SmarterMail contacts and calendar with eM Client.
Follow these steps to configure CardDAV and CalDAV in eM Client:
- Within eM Client go to the Tools menu and click Accounts then New account...
- Expand the Calendar section, choose CalDAV then Next.
- Complete the fields for your server information. NOTE: For the 'Account address URL' field, enter your full SmarterMail URL, e.g., http://mail.yourdomain.com/. For the 'User name' field, be sure to enter your full SmarterMail email address.
- Make any necessary modifications to the account's display name to be used within eM Client and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the configuration.
NOTE: eM Client will automatically sync contacts using CardDAV when a CalDAV connection is made (and vice versa); therefore, you should only need to complete these steps once. To manually configure the Contacts section in the Accounts settings, repeat the steps, choosing Contacts and CardDAV in step 2.