CardDAV and CalDAV are extensions of the WebDAV protocol and can be used to sync your SmarterMail contacts and calendar with eM Client.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 8.x-15.x
Follow these steps to configure CardDAV and CalDAV in eM Client:
- Within eM Client go to the Tools menu and click Accounts then New account...
- Expand the Calendar section, choose CalDAV then Next.
- Complete the fields for your server information. NOTE: For the 'Account address URL' field, enter your full SmarterMail URL, e.g., http://mail.yourdomain.com/. For the 'User name' field, be sure to enter your full SmarterMail email address.
- Make any necessary modifications to the account's display name to be used within eM Client and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the configuration.
NOTE: eM Client will automatically sync contacts using CardDAV when a CalDAV connection is made (and vice versa); therefore, you should only need to complete these steps once. To manually configure the Contacts section in the Accounts settings, repeat the steps, choosing Contacts and CardDAV in step 2.