NOTE: The use of external providers is an advanced SmarterTrack feature. Because external providers are designed to meet specific company needs, the development and integration of external providers requires programming knowledge.
System Administrators can use external providers to extend the functionality of SmarterTrack. The events external providers will notify any third-party system when any event occurs in SmarterTrack.
Enabling Events for External Providers
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Tools header, click on External Providers.
- Click the Options tab and select the Enable events provider checkbox. The Events tab becomes active.
- Click the Events tab.
- Complete the the Web Service URL and Web Service Password fields.
- Click Save.
For more information, please refer to External Providers in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.