System Administrators can configure SmarterTrack to automatically show a custom message to customers at the beginning and end of live chats. These optional messages can be used to provide additional instructions and information to the customer or to simply welcome them to the live chat feature, then thank them for chatting with your customer service team.
Follow these steps to create a custom live chat message to customers:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a system administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click on Live Chat.
- Click the Departments tab. A list of Departments will load in the content pane.
- Select the Department that you want to add the chat message to and click the Edit button. The Department Settings modal window will open.
- Click the Custom Messages tab.
- In the Before Live Chat field, type the message you want customers to see before chats.
- In the After Live Chat field, type the message you want customers to see after chats.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again to preserve the live chat settings changes.
For more information, please refer to the Departments page of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack's live chat, self-service portal and knowledge base software.