Since the folder rebuild needs to take place on many folders you may have better luck with the following process:
- Stop the SmarterMail service and verify that mailservice.exe terminates gracefully.
- Navigate to the users Mail folder and delete the root.cfg file. This file controls the mapping for the folders in the users directory.
- Start the SmarterMail service.
- The users Root.CFG file will be rebuilt based on the folders detected in the Mail folder for this user.
- Sign into the SM Web interface as the user to verify the folders have been restored.
I hope this helps ! you may want to consider opening a ticket with our support department to determine why these folder mappings are being removed.
Technical Support Supervisor