Screwed up email
Problem reported by John Marx - November 15, 2017 at 7:32 AM
Submitted
On version 16.3.6522. Just got a new laptop. Yesterday before I had 80 emails. Brand new install. Active Sync being used. Jumped to over 1,000 emails. Just went back into web mail and web mail shows 937 while Outlook, which is correct, 88. Out of the 1,000+ emails they were from MONTHS ago. These aren't from the last week but July, August, etc. How is it the totals are so wrong (half hour waiting). Now before the upgrade BOTH Outlook and SmarterMail were off but not by that much (like a few hundred). Now we are over 1,000. What is wrong with this system? Don't say "wait for 17" as I will be through. Fix it!
 
I could see even a five minute lag (worst case scenario). A half hour, even months, is beyond insane!
 

13 Replies

Reply to Thread
0
Brian Lewis Replied
IMAP broken to AquaMail Android customers too, stopped working after update, started working after going to previous version of SM
0
Derek Curtis Replied
Employee Post
John,
 
When you say "Brand new install." is that of SmarterMail or do you mean your new laptop?
Derek Curtis
COO
SmarterTools Inc.
(877) 357-6278
0
John Marx Replied
Been running SmarterMail for a long time. Brand new install is a brand new Microsoft Surface Book install. Number yesterday said 300 on Outlook. Figured "fluke". This morning powering on says 1,000+. I know I just replied to your email.
0
John Marx Replied
Been running SmarterMail for a long time. Brand new install is a brand new Microsoft Surface Book install. Number yesterday said 300 on Outlook. Figured "fluke". This morning powering on says 1,000+. I know I just replied to your email.
0
John Marx Replied
I also did a re-index after I saw the 1,000+ hoping it was something simple and stupid. (Didn't fix it).
0
Derek Curtis Replied
Employee Post
Brian - I set up my tablet using AquaMail and IMAP and it works just fine. Did you try removing and re-adding the account? Just curious as my account set up quickly and easily and is syncing just fine...
Derek Curtis
COO
SmarterTools Inc.
(877) 357-6278
0
Brian Lewis Replied
We tried it three times, actually all IMAP was having issues syncing from Outlook and AquaMail, went by to previous version fixed issue.
0
Brian Lewis Replied
Derek we can't ask 12,000 customers to setup IMAP again, there is some sync issue with imap and existing imap after upgrading that SmarterMail needs to fix
0
Brian Lewis Replied
When you sync, you would see the potential message display with NO SUBJECT and NO BODY, after 2-3 syncs the message would NOT appear in AquaMail. Outlook never displayed via IMAP. SmarterMail webmail displayed the message just fine. Uninstalled latest SM and installed prior revision fixed issue.
0
Derek Curtis Replied
Employee Post
Gotcha. We have seen that issue with the default Apple mail client as well, and found a fix for it. My guess is it's the same issue and the fix will be in this week's release.
Derek Curtis
COO
SmarterTools Inc.
(877) 357-6278
0
Brian Lewis Replied
Good to hear, been running Enterprise Unlimited SM on two servers, just can't play around with such a serious bug even if it only affects a small percentage of customers. Will upgrade on next release
0
John Marx Replied
Below is my solution to fix the problem. Being that Outlook was correct I did the steps below. If I go to folders many show none, one, or two items. I can only guess that doing the same thing but in the web interface.
 
1. Take Outlook and back it all up
2. Make a new folder called BAK
3. Move Outlook inbox into BAK (68 items)
4. DELETE everything in Webmail
5. Copy BAK back to Inbox in Webmail
     a. Sync took 4 minutes to come down
0
Ton Trommelen Replied
I also had problems (in 16.3.6522) with receiving emails on my Android phone using Aquamail (IMAP); new messages were not shown at all or only the subject and no content.
 
Downgrading to 16.3.6508 fixed the issue.

Reply to Thread