30 day reminder or x days before event reminder
Idea shared by Mahesh Bisesar - 7/20/2016 at 9:08 AM
Under Consideration
I would like to request a new or additional feature to the calendar feature.  I would like to get reminders of events 30 days in advance.  I tried to do this using tasks but this feature is lacking too.

I would like to use this for invoices, sending invoices 30 days before they are due.  But the feature only allows 2 week advance reminders.

5 Replies

Reply to Thread
Andrea Free Replied
Employee Post
Hi Mahesh,

I agree; I'd like to see this functionality. As well as more flexible options for adding multiple calendar reminders. I'll vote up this request and hope others do too!

Thanks, 
Andrea Free SmarterTools Inc. 877-357-6278 www.smartertools.com
Any news on adding this small feature to the new release in SM 17?  It's basically adding in 1 or 2 more weeks in to the drop down for reminder options.
This got my curiosity and now wonder if in outlook I type a remind with say 27 day reminder would it work? Completely different but how does that work with ActiveSync and soon to be MAPI? 
Andrea Free Replied
Employee Post
HI Mahesh. There haven't been any updates at the moment. However, I have sent over an updated request and will let you know what feedback I hear.
Andrea Free Replied
Employee Post
Hi John! If a client-created appointment is set to use a reminder time that's not available in SmarterMail, the webmail appointment will attempt to grab the closest option available. If there are two options that are equally close together, SmarterMail should choose the higher value. For example, if you create an appointment in Outlook with a reminder of 18 hours, the webmail appointment will be set at 24 hours.

If you set a 27 day reminder, I believe webmail would select the largest option that's available, which would be 2 weeks.

Reply to Thread