As of May 30, 2022 Google no longer allows "insecure apps" to connect to any Google service. As a result, you now need to use an app password to add a Gmail account in SmarterTrack. (NOTE: This needs to be done for both SMTP and POP.)
In this article, you will learn how to retrieve an app password for your Gmail account, then use that when adding that account into SmarterTrack.
- First, login to the Gmail account.
- After you've logged in, click on the account icon in the upper, right corner of the browser window. Select Manage your Google account, which is a button right under the account name and email address.
- Once you are in the account management area, click on Security in navigation menu.
- Once there, you will need to go to the Signing in to Google card and enable 2-Step Verification. (If it isn't already.)
- After you enable 2-Step Verification it should look like this:
- Next Click App passwords.
- Then click Select app and a dropdown appears. In the dropdown, select Other (Custom name).
- You can enter anything as your custom name, but a good rule is to use "SmarterTrack".
- After entering your name click the GENERATE button. You should see a password like the following:
- Make sure that you type this into SmarterTrack EXACTLY as it is displayed, including the spaces. (NOTE: If you select and copy the app password to your clipboard, the spaces may not automatically be included.) It is a good idea to store this somewhere as well, like as a secure note in Last Pass or some other secure location.
- That's it! You have an app password that can be used with SmarterTrack!
You can now add the Gmail account as both a POP and SMTP account within SmarterTrack. This app password should be used as the account password when setting up the account in SmarterTrack, NOT the original password for the Gmail account.
For information on setting up the SMTP and POP account please check out our help documentation on setting up Email accounts in SmarterTrack.