The ability to add files to various places in SmarterTrack, such as attaching files to tickets and live chats, adding images to KB articles, etc. are all handled by a Security setting in SmarterTrack. If an agent attempts to, say, attach a PDF to a ticket, but receives a "Something went wrong" toast notification, it could be a simple matter of adding .PDF as an allowed extension.
The System Administrator can easily check the necessary setting by doing the following:
- Log in to SmarterTrack.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Select Security from under the Configuration heading in the navigation pane.
- Click on the Uploads tab.
- Under the "Allowed extensions for document uploads in HTML editor (one per line)", make sure that any document or image extensions are listed. If you want to allow all extensions, use the ".*" wildcard. (The wildcard is the default.)
- Be sure to save your changes.
This will allow Agents to upload what they need, wherever they need it. As mentioned, SmarterTrack defaults the allowed extensions to a wildcard, meaning any file type can be uploaded by agents. However, some System Administrators may want to lock that down as much as they can. Simply adding in the extensions needed will eliminate any errors moving forward.