SmarterMail now has a built in chat. This can be used by all users of the same domain to keep all communication internal. Any chat client that support this protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Digsby:
- Open Digsby.
- Click the Digsby menu and then click My Accounts.
- Click the lightbulb icon (Jabber account) to add an XMPP connection.
- In the Jabber ID field, enter your SmarterMail username. For example, email@example.com
- In the Password field, enter the password used to log in to SmarterMail.
- In the Resource field, enter a unique name for the device you're running the client on. For example, "Work Laptop". As the XMPP protocol allows you to connect to your account from multiple devices, being able to distinguish between those devices is important.
- Click Advanced.
- Select the "Use TLS" checkbox, if TLS is available.
- Select the "Ignore SSL" warnings checkbox.
- Select the "Allow plain text login" checkbox.
- Click Save.