SmarterMail now has a built in chat. This can be used by all users of the same domain to keep all communication internal. Any chat client that support this protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 9.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Adium:
- Open Adium.
- Click the File menu and click Add Accounts.
- Select Jabber and enter your SmarterMail username and password.
- Click the Personal tab.
- In the Alias field, enter what you want displayed as your name in chat.
- Click the Options tab.
- In the Connect Server field, enter your domain, such as example.com.
- In the Resource field, enter a unique name for the device you're running the client on. For example, "Work Laptop". As the XMPP protocol allows you to connect to your account from multiple devices, being able to distinguish between those devices is important.
- Select the Allow plain text authentication checkbox.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- In the Encryption field, select Encrypt chats as requested.
- Click Done.
For more information on chats please refer to the SmarterMail online help.
Learn more about the SmarterMail secure business email server.