SmarterMail's Web interface is housed in a folder called the MRS folder, which by default is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail. The Web interface is responsible for the webmail interface as well as the administrative interface. Having multiple IIS sites pointing to the MRS folder can cause several issues, including but not limited to:
- Exchange ActiveSync not syncing emails, contacts or calenders correctly
- Automatic grid refreshing not working properly
- Chat not working properly
NOTE: With the installation of SmarterMail, the SmarterMail default Web server is installed as a Windows service. If SmarterMail is setup in an IIS site (in IIS 6 or IIS 7), the default Web server will need to be disabled.
To resolve this issue, ensure that multiple IIS sites are not pointing to one SmarterMail installation. This can be done by viewing the list of sites inside of your IIS Manager. Also, ensure that the default web server for SmarterMail is not running. Below are steps to disable this.
- While logged into the server, click Start and click Run (In Server 2008, click Start and click in the Search box).
- In the Run (or Search) box, type: services.msc
- Once the Computer Management Service's screen opens, scroll down the list on the right and look for SmarterMail Web Server service.
- Right-click on the SmarterMail Web Server service and click Properties.
- For Startup Type, change this to Disabled.
- For Server Status, click Stop.
- Click OK. You can now close the Services window.
For more information on installing SmarterMail, please refer to the knowledge base article Install SmarterMail.