On occasion, a system administrator may need to move a domain to a different location on the same server. This may be necessary if your domains exist on the C:\ drive and your C:\ drive is filling up too quickly.
Follow these steps to move the domain to another hard drive:
- Stop the SmarterMail service.
- Move the SmarterMail domains folder from the old drive to the new drive. By default, the domain folder is located in C:\SmarterMail\Domains.
- Open domains.json in a text editor. By default, the install path is at C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service\Settings\domains.json.
- Find the domains you wish to move, and edit their data_path to reflect the new path to those domains.
- Restart the SmarterMail service.