On occasion, a system administrator may need to move a domain to a different location on the same server. This may be necessary if your domains exist on the C:\ drive and your C:\ drive is filling up too quickly.
Applies to SmarterMail 7.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to move the domain to another hard drive:
- Stop the SmarterMail service.
- Move the SmarterMail domains folder from the old drive to the new drive. By default, the domain folder is located in C:\SmarterMail\Domains.
- Open domainList.xml in a text editor. This file is located in the Service folder of the install path. By default, the install path is at C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterMail.
- Each row beginning with "<Domain>" includes the path to that domain. Change the path for each domain to reflect the new path to those domains.
- Restart the SmarterMail service.
Learn more about SmarterMail's enterprise email features and benefits.