By default, SmarterMail will send a 452 response code when a recipient's mailbox exceeds its storage limit. If necessary, system administrators can configure SmarterMail to use a different SMTP response code that better fits their environment.
Follow these steps to change the SMTP code that is sent when the mailbox is full:
- Stop the SmarterMail Service.
- Edit the settings.json file. The default install path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service\Settings\.
Look for the following line:
- Change the 452 value to whichever code is appropriate for your environment.
- Save the changes to settings.json.
- Start the SmarterMail Service.
The SmarterMail server will now send out the specified error message rather than the default 452 response.