By default, SmarterMail will send a 452 response code when a recipient's mailbox exceeds its storage limit. If necessary, system administrators can configure SmarterMail to use a different SMTP response code that better fits their environment.
Follow these steps to change the SMTP code that is sent when the mailbox is full:
- Stop the SmarterMail Service.
- Edit the mailconfig.xml file. By default, this file is located in C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service.
Look for the line that looks similar to (all on one line)
- Change the 452 value to whichever code is appropriate for your environment.
- Save the changes to mailconfig.xml.
- Start the SmarterMail Service.
The SmarterMail server will now send out the specified error message rather than the default 452 response.