By default, SmarterMail will send a 452 response code when a recipient's mailbox exceeds its storage limit. If necessary, system administrators can configure SmarterMail to use a different SMTP response code that better fits their environment.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to change the SMTP code that is sent when the mailbox is full:
- Stop the SmarterMail Service.
- Edit the mailconfig.xml file. By default, this file is located in C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service.
Look for the line that looks similar to (all on one line)
- Change the 452 value to whichever code is appropriate for your environment.
- Save the changes to mailconfig.xml.
- Start the SmarterMail Service.
The SmarterMail server will now send out the specified error message rather than the default 452 response.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.