When tickets are submitted to SmarterTrack, these tickets are delivered to Departments, Groups, and Agents through a queue. On occasion, Agents or System Administrators may discover that tickets are stuck in the queue and are not automatically assigned to Agents.
Agents will only receive tickets from the queue if they are members of the designated Group, are set to receive tickets, and have a Max Tickets number greater than 0. With this in mind, there are a few things you want to check if tickets are stuck in the queue: the Group the Agent is a member of, the Max Tickets setting for the Agent, and whether or not the Agent is Active in the Group so that they can receive tickets.
Follow these steps to make sure that the Agent is a member of the appropriate Group and that their Max Tickets setting is greater than zero:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as the System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header click Groups. The list of existing Groups will be displayed in the content pane.
- Select the desired Group and click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click on a Group name and its options will load in the content pane.)
- Click the Agents tab. A list of Agents in this group will load in the content pane. Check to see that the Agent in question exists in this group.
- Double-click the agent to edit the Max Tickets field. If it's set to 0, increase it to 1 or more.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Save again to save the changes for the Group.
Then follow these steps to ensure the Agent's Active Groups for tickets is set to active. If an Agent's status is active, he/she can be assigned tickets and/or live chats.
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as the Agent.
- Click the Agent Status link in the upper right corner of the page. The agent status window will open in a pop-up.
- To set the agent's ticket status as active, select the appropriate checkboxes.
- Click OK.
For additional information on agent status and ticket workload weight, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.