This error may be caused by a network firewall or by utilizing DHCP setting on the network router. The error can be resolved by adding a STUN server to aid with Network Address Translation. STUN (Simple Traversal of UDP through NATs) is a protocol for assisting devices behind a NAT firewall or router with their packet routing. Once you have set up a STUN server you may add the settings to your VOIP accounts by doing the following:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack Management Interface with an system administrator account.
- Select Settings from the navigation dropdown.
- Click on VOIP.
- Select the VOIP Accounts tab and double-click the agent you wish to edit or select their name and click the Edit button. The VOIP Account modal will open.
- Click on the STUN tab at the top of the edit window.
- Fill in the STUN Server and STUN port for your STUN server.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
To use the STUN server with SmarterTrack Communicator please do the following:
- From the SmarterTrack Communicator's phone interface click on Manage from the top menu and select Settings.
- Check the box next to Connect to STUN server.
- Click the OK button to save your changes and restart SmarterTrack Communicator.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.