On occasion, SmarterTrack may need to send automated emails to Users or even System Administrators. For example, system notifications or if an event is configured to send an email whenever specific conditions are met. Because some types of automated emails are not associated to a specific Department, SmarterTrack will use the Brand's default mail settings to send these types of messages. Therefore, it's crucial to have a Default SMTP Account set up.
Follow these steps to set up the mail settings for the default brand:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header select Email.
- Go to the SMTP tab. Find your Default SMTP Account and click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click on it.)
- If no Default SMTP Account exists, click the Add button. The SMTP Account modal opens.
- Regardless of whether you're editing an existing account or adding one, you will need to fill in the appropriate information for your mail server. Contact your email administrator or hosting provider for the proper credentials if need be.
- Click the Save button.
For more information, please refer to the Brands page of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.