By default, SmarterTrack has a large number of reports that can be viewed, covering everything from ticket and live chat trends to cost report breakdowns by Agent and Department. However, not every Agent needs access to all of those reports. Therefore, it's possible for System Administrators to restrict Employees' access to specific reports. This is handled by creating a custom Role that specifies which reports the Employee can access, then applying that Role to the Employees. Alternatively, the System Administrator can edit an existing Role. For step-by-step instructions on creating roles, refer to the KB article Create Roles. Editing an existing Role is covered below.
To edit a role to allow the Employee to view specific reports, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown menu, click Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Roles. A list of available Roles will load in the content pane.
- Select the Role that you want to edit and click the Edit button in the content pane toolbar.
- Find the Reports permission, and from the dropdown menu, select Custom. The Reports tab will become active.
- Click the Reports tab: All of the reports available in SmarterTrack are listed, each with a checkbox next to it.
- Select the reports you would like the Employee to have access to.
- Once all reports are selected, click Save.
- If the Role is already attached to your Employees, that's all you need to do. If not...
If not already applied to Employees, the System Administrator will need to assign the role to the appropriate Employees. Follow these steps to assign the custom role and provide access to specific reports:
- You should already be logged in as a System Administrator and in the Settings area.
- Under the Manage header, click Employees. A list of available Employees will load in the content pane.
- One-by-one, select the Employees that you want to assign the Role to.
- In the content pane, click the Roles tab.
- Select the custom Role that specifies the Employee's report access.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 5 through 9 for each Employee that requires specific report access.