SmarterTrack Agents have the ability to read and respond to tickets not only via the management interface, but through an email client as well! When this functionality is enabled, any message from a ticket that is assigned to an Agent will be copied to that Agent's email address as well. (This includes every message that comes in from the end user, not only the initial ticket message.) The Agent can then reply from their preferred email application/client, and every ticket reply will be stored in SmarterTrack and sent out using that department's SMTP settings, keeping the Agent's personal email information anonymous.
NOTE: Tickets that are assigned to the general Queue will not be copied to an alternate email address. This functionality applies only to tickets that are assigned to an Agent.
In order for an Agent to read and respond to tickets through email, a system administrator can configure SmarterTrack so that it automatically copies ticket messages to the Agent's email address. NOTE: This setting is configured on a per-agent basis.
Follow these steps to allow an Agent to receive and respond to tickets via email:
- Log into the SmarterTrack Management Interface as a system administrator.
- Select Settings from the navigation icon.
- Click Agents / Administrators. A list of all employees will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired employee and click the Edit button. (Alternatively, you can double click the Agent's name.)
- Click on the Tickets tab.
- In the Copy To Address field, type the agent's email address where tickets will be copied.
- In the Other Reply From Address(es) field, type the email address(es) from which ticket responses are allowed. (In most cases, this field will match the Copy To Address; however, multiple entries can be included here in order to allow agents to respond from mobile devices or other email accounts. For example, if an alias is entered in the Copy To Address, each email address within that alias may be entered here to allow all members of the alias to reply to tickets. This is also useful if an agent has forwarding set up on their mailbox. Though the ticket message is received in Mailbox A and forwarded to Mailbox B, the agent can reply from Mailbox B.)
- Click the Save button.
Now, when a ticket comes in and is assigned to this Agent, the ticket is copied to the Agent's email address. They can then reply to the ticket from their favorite email client, on desktop or mobile, and the ticket is sent through SmarterTrack using the SMTP settings for the Department the ticket was initially sent to.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.