SmarterTrack's event-driven architecture gives System Administrators, Managers and Agents the ability to be notified when an event occurs in the system. For example, a Manager can use the events system to automatically receive a notification when a customer views a certain Web page or ignores a live chat invitation.
Most commonly, system administrators and agents use this feature to receive an email notification when an agent sends a live chat invitation to a customer via Who's On. Although the steps below show you how to create the most commonly used Who's On event, the procedure is similar for the other Who's On events.
To create an Agent-level Who's On event that sends an email when an online visitor has been invited to a live chat, follow these steps:
Creating Who's On Based Events
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as an Agent.
- Click Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the My Settings header click My Events. A list of existing events will load in the content pane.
- To create a new event, click the New button in the content pane toolbar. This will open the New Event modal.
- In the Name field, type the name of the event.
- In the Category field, select Who's On.
- In the Type field, select Live Chat Invited.
- Click OK.
- Click the Options tab and select elect the Live Chat Status checkbox.
- Then set the dropdown list options to Equals and Sent.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Click Add Action.
- In the Action field, select Send Email.
- Click Save.
This will create a basic email notification using the default configuration. All other configuration settings and conditions are optional. For more information, please refer to the Who's On Events page in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.