SmarterTrack has two methods of translating text within its interface: language translation packs and translatable strings.
Language packs translate static text within the SmarterTrack interface. For example, a language pack would be used to translate the navigation pane of the management interface into another language. For more information on language packs, please refer to the KB article How To -- Install Language Packs for SmarterTrack.
Translatable strings allow for the dynamic translation of information that's input by a System Administrator, Manager or Agent. For example, a translatable string would be used to translate the name of a Department into another language. NOTE: BEFORE you can configure and create translatable strings, you will need to configure the supported languages for your SmarterTrack installation. For more information, see How To -- Configure Supported Languages.
Creating Translatable Strings
Now that you have configured the supported languages, you can create a translatable string. Follow these steps to create a translatable string:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a system administrator.
- Select Settings from the navigation icon.
- Click Language and Locale.
- Click the Translatable Strings tab.
- To create a new string, click the Add button in the content pane toolbar. The Translatable String modal window will open.
- In the Token Name field, type the name of the token. Make sure that there is still a @@ on both sides of the name. (E.g., @@DepartmentName@@).
- Type the translation for each of the configured support languages in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK to save the translatable string(s).
For more information on translatable strings, please refer to the Translatable Strings section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Using Translatable Strings
Translatable strings can be used in various areas of the interface that may not be available for translation through a specific language pack, including Group names, Department names, Brand names, and custom links.
To assign a translatable string to a Department name, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click Departments. A list of available Departments will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired Department you wish to add the string to, and click the Edit button.
- Next to the Department Name field, click the Translatable String icon (the first icon).
- In the popup window, double-click the appropriate translatable string. Using our example, above, you'd double click @@DepartmentName@@. The token name for the translatable string will appear in the Department Name field in the department settings area.
- Click Save.
For more information on department settings, refer to the Departments section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.