SmarterTrack's event-driven architecture gives System Administrators. Managers and Agents the ability to be notified when a specified event occurs. For example, a System Administrator can use the events system to automatically receive a notification when a time log is added to a ticket.
Although the steps below show you how to create the most commonly used ticket time log event, the procedure is similar for the other ticket time log events.
Follow these steps to create a Agent-level ticket time log event that sends an email when a time log has been added to a ticket:
Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as an administrator or agent.
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as an Agent.
- Click Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the My Settings header click My Events. A list of existing events will load in the content pane.
- To create a new event, click the New button in the content pane toolbar. This will open the New Event modal.
- In the Name field, type a name for the event.
- In the Category field, select Tickets from the list.
- In the Type field, select Ticket Time Log Created from the list.
- Click OK.
- Click the Options tab.
- Check the options that apply to the event.
- Click the Action tab.
- Click Add Action.
- In the Action field, select Send Email from the list.
- Input From and To Fields.
- Click Save.
This will create a basic email notification using the default configuration. All other configuration settings and conditions are optional. For more information, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.