SmarterTrack's event-driven architecture gives System Administrators, Managers and Agents the ability to be notified when an event occurs in the system. For example, a System Administrator can configure an event when an agents status changes for tickets.
To create an event that sends an email when an agent status is changed, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header click on Events.
- Ensure the Global tab is selected.
- To create a new event, click the New button in the content pane toolbar. This will open the New Event modal.
- In the Name field, type a name for the event.
- In the Category field, select Active Groups from the list.
- In the Type field, select Agent Status for Tickets Changed.
- Click OK to open the new event's Conditions and Actions settings.
- Click the Conditions tab and check the Status checkbox.
- Select the status that will cause the event to fire.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Click Add Action.
- In the Action field, select Send Email from the list.
- Fill in the appropriate fields.
- Click Save.
This will create a basic email notification using the default configuration. All other configuration settings and conditions are optional. For more information, please refer to the Events page in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.