Administrators can allow users to submit tickets at the self-service portal, by emailing specific Department email accounts, or both. However, to allow users to submit tickets via email, the Department settings for POP3 and SMTP will need to be configured and the appropriate settings must be enabled.
Follow these steps to allow customers to submit tickets by email:
- Log in to SmarterTrack as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Configuration header, select Email.
- Click the POP tab. Click the Add button to open the POP Account modal.
- Configure the POP settings to connect to the mailbox that SmarterTrack will download email messages from. (You may need to contact your ISP or email provider for these settings.) An important piece of this step is to select the proper Department you want the tickets downloaded for.
- Once the settings are in place, click Test Settings to ensure the connection can be established.
- Once the test returns a success, click the Save button. Note: Adding a new POP account will immediately download ALL messages from the Inbox into SmarterTrack. If the mailbox is full of old requests that should not be imported into SmarterTrack, we recommend moving the emails to a secondary folder and clearing out the |nbox before you proceed.
That's what you need to do to allow SmarterTrack to download email messages for a Department and turn them into tickets. Once that is done, you'll want to set up SmarterTrack to allow Agents to reply to tickets and send responses from the same email account Users send their tickets to.
- Click the SMTP tab. Click the Add button to open the SMTP Account modal.
- Configure the SMTP settings to connect to the mailbox that SmarterTrack will send messages through. (Generally, these settings will match the ones used for POP importing, but you may need to contact your ISP or email provider for these settings.) Once the settings are in place, click Test Settings to ensure the connection can be established.
- Click Save.
That's it: you're now set up to both import emails into SmarterTrack and also reply to those tickets from the same account your Users are emailing.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.