Email client reporting receiving no email.. but active-sync et al... logs look good
Problem reported by Merle Wait - April 17 at 2:04 PM
Submitted
SMv15.
@ 3pm CST
Have a user that is saying that they are not getting email on their ipad, cell phone or desktop.
But when I look in the logs.. the system shows that they are connecting.. and everything looks good.
Out on webmail.. everything is fine as well....
* They have active-sync, and are also running Outlook on their desktop.
We have had the same client for quite some time.. so little confused as to where to look next, or how to trouble shoot.
 
'=============
Update at 4:30 PM CST
I'll leave this out here.. but what I ended up doing... was:
I asked the user the last time that any of his devices synced.
He told me 12:45pm;   so via Admin and Impersonate... I went to his webmail....
  - created two new folders.. TempIn and Tempout.  But emails outbound
 for about 30 minutes before /after that time in.. tempout folder.
 Put Emails in the TempIn folder that came in within that that 30 minute range...
Waited about 10-15 minutes...
Active-sync said was creating new folders.. or actually there changes (don't remember exact verbiage).   Contacted the client.. he said his devices were now starting to sync...
 
Go figure.
'=====================================
 
 
 

Reply to Thread