First of all, thank you very much for incorporating this request into 14.1.5675.
Unfortunately, it created another problem. Submitting 20 or more migrations brings the server to its knees since all migrations run simultaneously. This affects all users as webmail stops responding, the spool can't keep up, etc.
Looking to find some balance. Ideas:
- Limit the number of simultaneous threads to 10 or so. Leave the rest in queue.
- Add a parameter in web services for queue #. Then I could submit 5 for queue #1, 5 for queue #2, etc.
- Create queues based on time. Example: all migrations submitted at 6:01am go into queue #1, all submitted at 6:02am go into queue #2, etc.
- Give each web services userID a separate queue. I could submit migrations to web services using multiple admin accounts each having their own queue.
- Watch CPU and don't start any migrations when server is busy???
- Any other idea you can offer to balance the load between 20+ hours (single queue) or crushing the server (all simultaneous).
I realize that you probably don't want to spend a lot of dev time here, so any small adjustment you can make would be appreciated.