One of the benefits of setting up your SmarterMail account using Active Directory as the authentication method is the ability to use the Global Address List (GAL). The GAL is a shared address book that contains contact information for everyone in your organization. As you can imagine, syncing to that makes communicating with others within your organization extremely easy.
Syncing the GAL to an account in eM Client is extremely simple. Just do the following:
- Open eM Cient.
- Make sure you're in the Mail area.
- Find your SmarterMail account.
- Right click on the account name.
- Select Public Folders from the context menu.
- In the window that opens, click on the checkbox next to Global Address List.
- Click the Ok button at the bottom of the window.
That's it! Now, when you go to your Contacts in eM Client, you'll see an option to select Global Address List under the Public Folders header. If you select ONLY Global Address List, only contacts within your organization will appear.