Occasionally, when adding a MAPI account to Outlook for Windows, when you open Outlook you're presented with this:
- In the Windows search box in your taskbar, type "Control Panel".
- Then, select Control Panel from the search results.
- In the Control Panel search box, type "Mail".
- Select Mail (Microsoft Outlook), and it opens the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog
- Click on Email Accounts... and then select the specific account you need to modify. (If there are more than one.)
- After selecting the account, click the Change... button.
- This opens up the Change Account dialog. Here, you'll see the account's Server Settings. In the Offline Settings area, make sure "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is checked. If not, check it.
- Click the Next button, then the Finish button and you're done.
You should now be able to open Outlook and the account will load.