Besides the Mail App that comes with any iOS device, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular mobile email clients on the market. The set up process for Outlook is a bit different than for the Mail app: you set up your account within Outlook itself versus through the Passwords & Accounts area in your device Settings.
To set up Outlook on your iOS device, do the following:
- First, download Outlook from the App Store.
- Next, open Outlook.
- You'll be prompted to enter your email address. Do this, then click the Add Account button.
- You'll be presented with several email providers. Therefore, select Exchange as we're setting up an Exchange account.
- Next, you're asked to fill in some information:
- Email Address - This will be your full email address.
- Password - Your account password.
- Description - This is a friendly name for how the account will appear in the Accounts list. For example, "Work Email" or the name of your company.
- Server - Your webmail URL. For example, mail.your-domain.com
- Domain - The domain portion of your server. So, your-domain.com
- Username - This is your email username. For example, if your full email address is email@example.com, you'd simply enter "jdoe".
- Once this is all done, click the Sign In button, and your account will be set up and ready to go.
It's worth noting that Outlook requires the above information due to how Outlook, and Microsoft, manage email accounts. Generally, Microsoft will direct sign ins back to their own servers to determine whether an account is a Microsoft account or not. By entering the information above, that process is bypassed so that your actual SmarterMail account is set up without the need to route through Microsoft's servers.