SmarterMail gives System Administrators the ability to view any log file that's created right from within the webmail interface. To view logs, do the following:
- Log in as a System Administrator
- From the left menu, select Troubleshooting
- Click the View Logs tab
- From here, you can select a date range, select the log type you want to view and then set your search term(s)
However, if you do attempt to view information in a specific log, you may get an "Access Denied" error. There are a few things you can check to help resolve this issue.
- Make sure mailservice.exe is running as Local System
- Make sure Read/Write permissions are set for the Logs folder. (By default, that path is c:\smartermail\logs)
- Make sure the app pool SmarterMail is assigned to has Network Service permissions
One, or more, of the above can resolve any Access Denied issues you have when trying to view logs within the webmail interface. If none of these work, feel free to start a ticket with our support team.