This article applies to recent versions of SmarterMail.
Some users have reported an issue logging into SmarterMail within a Chrome browser. The text from the Email Address and Password fields is immediately removed when the field no longer has focus or after clicking on the Login button. The fields show an error of: "This field is required."
We have determined that this issue is caused when using the Chrome extension, Grammarly. To log in to SmarterMail within Chrome, you will need to temporarily disable Grammarly or add an exception for your SmarterMail site within the Grammarly settings.
Temporarily Disable Grammarly
Follow these steps to temporarily disable the Grammarly extension while logging in:
- Click on the 'Customize and control Google Chrome' button in the upper right corner of the browser. (The button icon is 3 dots stacked vertically.)
- Hover over More Tools and select Extensions. Find Grammarly for Chrome from the list and click on the toggle to disable the extension.
- Navigate back to the SmarterMail tab and refresh the site.
- Enter your Email Address and Password and enable the Remember Me option to automatically log into SmarterMail next time you navigate to the site. Click Login.
- Once you are logged into SmarterMail, you can re-enable Grammarly. Follow steps 1-2 to enable the extension again.
Add an Exception within Grammarly