Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, and contacts to an Android device in real time.
Once you have Activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled Exchange ActiveSync for the specific SmarterMail mailbox, you will need to configure your Android client to function with Exchange ActiveSync.
To set up your Android client to access Exchange ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- On your Android device, open the Settings.
- Tap Cloud and Accounts. Then tap on Accounts.
- Tap Add Account. A list of applications will load.
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Complete the following required fields:
- Email address (your full email address)
- Tap Sign In.
- On the next screen, verify the Exchange Server Settings. Complete the following fields:
- Email address
- Domain\username (enter your full email address. ex: email@example.com)
- Exchange Server (the URL to your webmail. For example, mail.example.com. NOTE: Do not include http:// when entering the server information.
- If your webmail does not support SSL, disable Use secure connection (SSL).
- Tap Sign In. The phone will attempt to verify the connection.
- Tap OK to allow remote control of security features on the device.
- On the Manual Setup screen, adjust some common settings for the period to sync email, sync schedule, email retrieval size, etc. and choose whether to sync Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Activate on the Device Administrator screen to agree to the remote security control.
- On the last screen, add in the Account name that will be displayed in your Email, Contacts and Calendar apps.
- Tap Done to initiate the first sync.