When creating a knowledge base article, you may find it advantageous to utilize media such as Flash or images to better guide your users to resolving their issue. We have designed our file manager to allow you to upload files to the server, and easily insert them into your SmarterTrack knowledge base articles.
Applies to SmarterTrack 6.x - 12.x
To upload and insert files, please follow the steps below.
- With the new knowledge base article window open, click File Manager in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- A new window will open on top of the New Knowledge base Article Window. Select the destination folder you would like to upload to, and click Upload.
- From here, you can browse and select your file. Once you have selected your file, click Open.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will see the file listed when the folder it was uploaded to is selected. Select the file and click Insert.
- You will be asked to fill out the following:
- Type - This is the type of file you are inserting. You can select the type from a drop down list.
- Height - This is the height you wish the image to be set to.*
- Width - This is the width you wish the image to be set to.*
- Alt Text - This is the text that will appear when the end user viewing this article hovers over the item.
- Description - This is a description of the file being inserted.
- Once these have been filled out, click Ok.
- You will see your item inserted into your knowledge base article.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.