SmarterTrack's agent messaging feature gives agents the ability to chat with each other without using third-party instant messaging software, ensuring that all communication stays internal. In addition, all communication is recorded for future reference.
Applies to SmarterTrack 6.x - 12.x
Follow these steps to create a chat room for agent-to-agent chats:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a system administrator.
- Click the Live Chat icon.
- Click the Chat Rooms in the menu in the navigation pane toolbar and click New in the content pane.
- Click the Options tab.
- In the Name field, type the name of chat room. To make the chat room available for agent use, select the Enabled checkbox.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Add Permission to add all or specific groups, department, or users, and specify their access. NOTE: At least one Allow permission must be configured for the chat room to be created.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
For more information, please refer to the Chat Rooms section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.