SmarterTrack's event-driven architecture gives agents and administrators the ability to set up event notifications and even automate actions. For example, a manager can use the events system to automatically receive a notification when an agent leaves a chat room.
Most commonly, administrators and agents use this feature to receive an email notification when an agent joins a chat room. Although the steps below show you how to create the most commonly used chat room event, the procedure is similar for the other chat room events.
Applies to SmarterTrack 6.x - 12.x
To create an agent-level event when an agent has joined a chat room, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as an agent or administrator.
- Click the settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings folder and click My Events in the navigation pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- Type a name for the event.
- In the Category field, select Chat Room.
- In the Type field, select Chat Room Joined.
- Click OK.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Click Add Action.
- In the Action field, select Send Email.
- Click Save.
This will create a basic email notification using the default configuration. All other configuration settings and conditions are optional. For more information, please refer to the Chat Room Events page in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.