By default, Outlook 2010 downloads both the emails and the attachments for every folder. As a result, users with mailboxes larger than 1 GB may find that Outlook takes a long time to download their messages. Previous versions of Outlook only downloaded the message headers by default. This setting was changed in Outlook 2010 to allow the program to index all content and display information about the emails and attachments each contact has sent.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to change this setting to only download the message headers to speed up Outlook:
- Run Outlook 2010.
- Click the Send/Receive tab.
- Click Send/Receive Groups and select Define Send/Receive Groups. This will allow you to edit settings for send/receive groups.
- Select All Accounts and click Edit.
- Uncheck the Get folder unread count for subscribed folders option.
- Click the Use the custom behavior defined below option.
- Check Inbox and any other folders that receive new mail in the Folder Options box.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
Learn more about SmarterMail's enterprise email features and benefits.