Outgoing gateways can be used to reduce the load on the primary server by using a secondary server to process outgoing mail. Setting prioritization on these gateways can be especially useful for environments where multiple gateways are used. For example, if your company has large mailing lists that are sent in the same timeframe as normal email traffic, you could set the prioritization so that the normal email traffic is delivered first.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 8.x-15.x
Follow these steps to configure outgoing gateway prioritization:
- Configure an outgoing gateway server by following the steps listed in the KB article: Configure SmarterMail as a Free Gateway Server. If you already have an existing Outgoing Gateway configured, simply edit the gateway. Be sure to enter your priority range. For this example, the priority range will be from 6 to 6.
- While logged in as the System Administrator, click the Domains icon.
- Edit the domain that will be used with the outgoing gateway. The domain settings will load in a new window.
- Click the Priority tab.
- Modify all priority settings to match the outgoing gateway's priority. Following our example above, all domain priorities should be set to 6.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each domain that needs to send over the outgoing gateway with the same priority range.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterMail's enterprise email features and benefits.