On occasion, system administrators may need to move a user's account from one domain to another. This may be the result of a user changing from using firstname.lastname@example.org to using email@example.com, and the user would like to keep their e-mail from domain.com.
Applies to SmarterMail 7.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to move a user account to another domain:
- Create a new user with the same username on the new domain. For step-by-step directions, refer to the KB article Create a User in SmarterMail.
- Stop the SmarterMail service.
- Copy the user folder from the old domain to the new domain. By default, the user folder can be found at C:\SmarterMail\Domains\example.com\User
- Restart the SmarterMail service.
- Delete the user from the old domain.
Learn more about SmarterMail's enterprise email features and benefits.