NOTE: As of November 1, 2019, SmarterTools no longer accepts activation requests that use TLS 1.0 and 1.1. Therefore, older installations of SmarterMail (SmarterMail 14.1 and older) may not activate properly as they do not support TLS 1.2 and higher. For more information, please contact our Sales Department.
This article applies to SmarterMail 16.x and earlier. View articles for recent versions
On occasion, system administrators may need to move a domain from one SmarterMail server to another. This may occur due to hard drive space limitations or because of email volume for the domain.
Follow these steps to move a SmarterMail domain to another server:
- Make a back up copy of the DomainList.xml and the domains folder before starting.
- Stop SmarterMail on both servers.
- Locate the domain’s folder. By default, this folder can be found at C:\SmarterMail\Domains\[domain-name].
- Move this folder from the old server to the new server.
- Edit the domainList.xml file with Notepad on the old server. By default, this file can be found at C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service.
- Locate this line:
<Domain name="MyDomain.com" directory="c:\SmarterMail\Domains\MyDomain.com" />
- Cut this line from the file and save the file.
- Make a backup of the domainList.xml on the new server.
- Edit the domainList.xml with Notepad on the new server.
- Paste the line you cut before into this document.
- Save the file.
- Start the SmarterMail service on both servers.
- Modify the primary MX record to the new IP. This can take up to 24-48 hours for replication.