Plus addressing is a useful feature that allows users to automatically filter incoming emails into folders without pre-creating those folders or filters to handle them.
Plus addressing works by allowing users to use special email addresses when signing up for newsletters or email subscriptions. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org needs to provide a valid email address to sign up for a newsletter, he can sign up for the newsletter using the address [user]+[technewsletter]@example.com. When the newsletter is delivered, it will automatically be routed to the Technewsletter folder. If the folder does not exist, it will be created automatically.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to enable plus addressing:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a user.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings folder in the navigation pane.
- Click Account Settings. The account settings will load in the content pane.
- Click the Plus Addressing tab.
- Select the appropriate action SmarterMail should perform to plus-addressed emails.
- Click the Enable plus addressing checkbox.
- Click Save.
For more information, refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.