Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or send information about product updates to subscribers. To ensure proper management of mailing lists, the domain administrator should assign a list moderator. Mailing list moderators can add/remove subscribers, post messages to the mailing list, edit mailing list settings, and more.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
For information on creating a Mailing list, please refer to the KB article, Create a Mailing List.
To enable mailing lists for a domain, please refer to the KB article, Enable Mailing Lists for Domains.
Follow these steps to specify a moderator for a mailing list:
- Log in as the domain administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings and Mailing Lists folders.
- Click Mailing Lists in the navigation pane.
- Select the desired mailing list and click Edit in the content pane toolbar. A list of mailing lists will load in the content pane.
- Click the List Settings tab. The default list settings will load in the content pane.
- To specify a moderator, select the appropriate user from the Moderator list. NOTE: If the domain has more than 500 users, this will be a text box.
- Click Save.
All other settings are optional.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.