Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
In order to filter automated email messages delivered to your server, you can create a domain content filter to perform one or more of the following actions when they come in:
- Mark as read
- Mark as follow up
- Move message to folder
- Prefix subject
- Embed header line into message
- Copy message
- Reroute the message to another email address
- Set priority
For example, follow these steps to re-route all automated emails to the administrator:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click Settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings and Filtering folders in the navigation pane.
- Click Content Filtering. A list of content filters will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar. The content filtering options will load in the content pane.
- In the Other category, select the Message is automated (no return address) checkbox.
- Click Next. More options will load in the content pane.
- Click Next.
- In the Name field, type the name of the content filter.
- Add an action for SmarterMail to take on the message by selecting the appropriate checkbox(es).
- Click Save.
For more information about content filtering, refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterMail’s enterprise email features and benefits.