Bandwidth and email throttling allow system administrators to limit the quantity of data that a SmarterMail mail server transmits and/or accepts within a specified period of time. In addition to delaying or rejecting messages, administrators can use domain events to be notified when a domain or user has been throttled.
Apples to SmarterMail Enterprise 9.x-15.x
Follow these steps to create an event to notify of domain/user throttling:
- Log into SmarterMail as the Domain Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings folder and click Events.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar. The event settings will load in the content pane.
- Give an Event Name, change the Event Category to Throttling and change the Event Type to either Domain Throttled or User Throttled. All other settings on the Conditions tab are optional.
- Click on the Actions tab. In the content pane toolbar, click Add Action.
- From the Action menu, choose the way you'd like to be notified. Use My Notification Profile will send an email using the contact information from the Domain Administrator's notification profile in account settings. Send Email will send an email to whatever address specified. (Separate addresses by comma or semi-colon or use an email alias to notify multiple people.)
- Configure the remain Action settings as desired and click Save.
- Click Save again to save the entire event.
Learn more about SmarterMail’s enterprise email features and benefits.