SmarterMail now has a built in chat. This can be used by all users of the same domain to keep all communication internal. Any chat client that support this protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 9.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Pidgin:
- Open Pidgin.
- Click the Accounts menu and click Manage Accounts.
- Click Add.
- In the Protocol field, select XMPP.
- In the Username field, enter your SmarterMail username. For example, jsmith.
- In the Domain field, enter your domain, such as example.com.
- In the Resource field, enter a unique name for the device you're running the client on. For example, "Work Laptop". As the XMPP protocol allows you to connect to your account from multiple devices, being able to distinguish between those devices is important.
- In the Password field, enter the password used to log in to SmarterMail.
- Select the Remember password checkbox.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Connection Security field, select Use encryption if available.
- Select the Allow plain text auth over unencrypted streams checkbox.
- In the Connect Server field, enter your server address. For example, mail.example.com.
- Click Add.
For more information on chat please refer to SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.