SmarterMail has built-in instant messaging that can be used by all users of the same domain to keep communication internal. Any chat client that supports the XMPP protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Applies to SmarterMail 13.x - 15.x
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Mac's built-in desktop chat client, Messages:
- Open Messages.
- Using the keyboard shortcut (Cmd+,) or the system menu bar, open the Preferences menu.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click the + button, select Other messages account... and click Continue.
- For Account Type, select Jabber from the drop down menu.
- For Account Name, enter your full SmarterMail email address.
- For Password, enter the associated password for your SmarterMail account.
- Click Create to create the new Messages account.
- If the server and port settings are not automatically detected, uncheck Enable this account and click on the Server Settings tab. Check Automatically find server and port. On the Account Information tab, reenable the account.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.