In order to deactivate a license and revert an installation back to the free edition, remove the license key and activation code from the AppConfig.xml by doing the following:
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - Current
- Log into your server as the administrator.
- Using Window Explorer, navigate to the installation folder for the SmarterMail service (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Configservice).
- Make a backup of the file AppConfig.xml.
- Open the AppConfig.xml file with Notepad.
- Find and delete these lines:
- Save the file and then close it.
- Stop and Start the SmarterStats Service.
Learn more about how SmarterStats can help you better understand your website analytics.